Advance Design Identification
This is not intended to be a comprehensive list, just a simple guide to help you identify Advance-Design (1947-1955) Chevy pickups.
1948 - New foot-operated parking brake.
- Inner bar of grille painted silver-gray.
Series number badging (3100, 3600, 3800) on side of hood.
Gas tank moved inside cab to behind seat (filler cap on passenger side of cab)
1950 - No major exterior changes. Only major change is to tubular type shock absorbers.
- Vent moved from side of cab to top of cowl.
Doors now have vent windows.
- Speedometer top speed changed from 80 to 90 MPH, high-beam indicator
moved to top, from the bottom of the speedometer gauge.
Door handles changed from turn-handle to push-button.
- badging restyled, side badging lost "Chevrolet" (now only has the series
Door Post ID plate is blue & silver instead of black & silver.
- new "tubular" grille, painted body color with white lettering.
New one-piece front windshield.
New front emblem (no writing, bowtie and "wings" only).
New bed - 2" lower loading height, 90 degree bed sides (instead of 45 degree bed sides), new tailgate latch.
Series - grille is painted ivory with black inner bars and black
lettering (optionally, lettering can be ivory).
Open driveline (instead of the closed torque-tube, which had been used since the 1930's)
Back to the top Chevytrucks.org Site Map